Terms & Conditions
Community Fundraising Terms & Conditions
As a registered Redkite fundraiser, you must adhere to the following terms and conditions. Failure to conduct third party fundraising activities in accordance with these terms and conditions may result in you being de-registered as a Redkite fundraiser and prevented from conducting further third-party fundraising activities on behalf of Redkite.
"Fundraiser/Fundraising Event" means the act of holding an event or activity with the intention of raising funds for Redkite.
"Authority to Fundraise" means the letter issued to a Registered Fundraiser by Redkite authorising them to conduct a Fundraising Event for Redkite.
"Register/Registering/Registered" means completing the Fundraising registration form either on paper and returning it by mail or email or by registering as a Host online at [fundraise.redkite.org.au]
“Host/Community Fundraiser” means an individual or group who has completed, in full the Authority to Fundraise application and has been authorised to operate a fundraising campaign on behalf of Redkite
"We/Redkite /Promoter" means Redkite ABN 65 104 710 787. Address: 418a Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010 Phone: 1800 733 548, Website: www.redkite.org.au.
“Online Fundraising” – When a Community Fundraiser raises funds for Redkite via one of its online fundraising platforms (i.e. Everyday Hero, Go Fundraise, Grassrootz, funraisin, etc.).
“Offline Fundraising” – When a Community Fundraiser raises funds for Redkite not via one of our online fundraising platforms. Offline fundraising activities may include barbeques, gala balls, raffles etc.
- Redkite website terms and conditions
This page sets out the terms on which you may access and make use of our website (fundraise.redkite.org.au). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you start to use the Site. By using the Site, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not fully agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this Site.
- Using this Site
This website is owned and operated by The Malcolm Sargent Cancer Fund for Children in Australia ABN 65 104 710 787 trading as Redkite (“we”, “us” or “our”).
Your use of the website is governed by these terms and our [privacy notice].
In addition to these terms, there may also be specific or additional terms that apply to certain sections of our Site. Because those provisions also apply to your use of those sections, we recommend that you review them wherever they appear. In the event of any inconsistency between the provisions of these terms and other specific or additional provisions, the specific or additional provisions apply.
All content on this website is owned or licensed by Redkite and Redkite reserves all rights in respect of that content. Redkite owns and is licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and the material published on it, including text, graphics, videos, logos, icons, sound recordings and software. All such rights are reserved.
You can view the content using most web browsers and you can make a single copy for your own personal and non-commercial use. You must not otherwise copy, distribute, modify, or use any of the content except as permitted by law or with the prior written permission of Redkite. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. If you print off, copy or download any part of the Site in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the Site will cease immediately and you must, at our discretion, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
By posting any information to or using this website you are confirming to us that you have the right to do so, and you license us to use content for any purpose now and in the future.
- User Conduct
You represent and warrant to us that you:
- Are solely responsible for all your activities on the (fundraise.redkite.org.au) Site also referred to as the Site;
- Have the legal capacity to enter these terms;
- Are 18 years or older. No person under the age of 18 may use (fundraise.redkite.org.au) to donate or fundraise without parental consent;
- Will keep all passwords, account names, log in identifiers required to access (fundraise.redkite.org.au) secure and confidential;
- Will not use (fundraise.redkite.org.au) in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Site or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way;
- Will not use the Site to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organisation;
- Will not use the Site to conduct, display or forward details of any survey, contest, pyramid scheme or chain letter or use any part of our Site to send commercial messages in contradiction of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth);
- Will not attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the site, any associated website or any other website;
- Will not hide, deface, alter or delete any copyright symbol, trademark or other proprietary rights notice;
- Will not use any part of the Site which you are not authorised to use or devise ways to circumvent security in order to access part of the Site which you are not authorised to access. This includes, but is not limited to, scanning networks with the intent to breach and/or evaluate security, whether or not the intrusion results in access.
- Will not use or attempt to use the Site for any unlawful, criminal or negligent purpose. This includes, but is not limited to, password cracking, social engineering (defrauding others into releasing their passwords), denial-of-service attacks, harmful and malicious destruction of data, infringing the intellectual property rights of any person, and injection of computer viruses and intentional invasion of privacy.
Redkite reserves the right to withdraw approval to fundraise should it be necessary to protect its reputation
The information on this website is for general information only. It is not intended as advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
While we strive to provide accurate and useful information, the content on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties about its accuracy or fitness for any particular purposes. We and our directors, officers, employees, agents and contractors expressly disclaim all liability for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites or other content linked to or from it and any materials posted on it.
If a jurisdiction allows liability to be limited but not excluded, our total liability is limited to the maximum extent possible. For example, under the Trade Practices Act 1974 in Australia, our liability for any breach of a condition or warranty that is implied by law and cannot be excluded is limited to the extent possible to us doing any one or more of the following (at our election):
- resupplying goods or services to you or supplying equivalent goods;
- repairing the goods; or
- paying the cost of having the goods or services resupplied or goods repaired.
Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict, or modify rights which you may have under the Trade Practices Act or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
5.1 Liability & Events
Redkite accepts no responsibility for any loss, liability or injury, occupational health, safety and welfare claims arising from any fundraising event. It is the sole responsibility of the fundraising host to ensure the safety of themselves and any attendees of their fundraising event, including providing first aid services if and when they are needed. Fundraising hosts are responsible for obtaining and maintaining any appropriate insurance for their fundraising event, including Public Liability Insurance.
Redkite’s public liability Insurance does not cover people who choose to fundraise on our behalf. We are not liable for assessing or managing any risks associated with any fundraising event a fundraising host organises.
Things to consider including;
- Costs of fundraising
- You will be solely responsible for your fundraising and it will be conducted under your name.
- You will need to manage your fundraiser at your cost, including:
- Marketing and promotion
- Running of the event (including sponsorship, ticket sales where necessary etc)
- Legal compliance (safety, insurance, permits etc)
- Prize and gift sourcing
- The host must keep a record of all fundraising
- Keep records, invoices, and receipts and draw up accounts as you go.
- Copies of receipts of invoices for all expenses taken from the funds raised must be kept by you for 3 An expandable file is a simple way to keep track of all the bits of paper
- All fundraising activities must comply with all relevant Australian Federal and State laws and you must apply for all permits and authorities that may be required. Ensure you check the requirements for fundraising in your State or Territory
- Do we outline where to find this information? As we’re ultimately responsible if a fundraiser breaches legislation?
- Use of personal information and privacy rights
- Outline resources we can provide
- You are not authorised to use Redkite as your beneficiary charity until you have received the Authorisation to Fundraiser letter.
- Use of Redkite logo
- If you wish to use the Redkite logo on any materials or products, other than those we provide to you, you must provide to us all material or products on which it is proposed to use the logo prior to production, for our approval – we may not always give permission and we may require changes, so we suggest you discuss your plans with us early